Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2002-12-29
 I'm 99% sure :-)

C16 sold for £129.99 or £139.99 here in the UK. Commodore ran a TV commercial for a number of months and for the build up to christmas of the Commodore 16 happy I would lov to see this again! Video recorders were rare in UK homes at this time so the chances of some one having recorded something on TV with that advert and still having the tape (Beta Max or VHS) is 1 in 10 million i would think

A computer was top of the wish list. I really wanted a Commodore 64 but the price was I think £299 which was way to high for my Mum and Dad so I looked else where. Seeing the C16 on TV and at the price it was made me want one. It was black, looked cool and also looked like a C64. Of course I did'nt know anything about the computer. Anyways about a month before Xmas we went to Debenhams in Southampton and they had a good line up of computers for sell. The C16 was there and at the same price as seen on TV and like I said it had not tape deck or joysticks. And sitting right next to it was the Plus/4! It was £99 for the machine, 1531, 11 games and 2 joysticks. So my Mum and Dad took the Plus4 home insted. I think at the time I was a little gutted not getting the cool looking C16 as seen on TV, but little did I know until I bouhgt my first game did I know the Plus4 ran the same software as the C16 wink I may of got a Plus/4 but I was very, very pleased just to have a computer happy

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024