Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MMS
on 2016-02-11
19:10:43
 Re: Blank cartridge boards

Hi Ken

Thank you for being interested in this machine too! happy
Actually, I really like the idea of the Game Cartrides the ZX Spectrum and C64 had: no loading time,
just Plug & Play (hey, really!)
I think fir C16 and Plus/4 there were almost no official cartrides did exist, while on C64 there were TONS

On the other hand, I think there is no ONE specific game of program the people are som emuch interested.
Even more, if I understood well, the maximum size of the PRG should be 16K, right?

(for me, as a weak graphicin, the Multibotticelli and Botticelli are the main tools. Some disc tools, copy tools could be nice too. The best would be one BIG EPROM,and you could choose your one)

Or the other way that you produce ONE cartridge with a socket has the same locker mechanism as the EPROM burners?
And with one Cartride, but with dozens of (E)EPROMs I have the HW to boot up the C16 games in seconds (If bigger ones, like the converted games, like Head over Heels, etc will not work).
There could be a small box with full of GAME /utility EPROMs and I would just quickly pick and install the one I want (I think nowadays a 16K EPROM should be much smaller thanin the past, right? Those 8 legges tiny monsters may work with Commodore? or only the big housing ones have so many legs I cannot count?)

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024