Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MMS
on 2016-01-25
17:32:03
 Re: Leaderboard Golf Access Software

OFF converted games
watching some of the games, especially comparisons, I have the feeling that ZX Spectrum games really better fit for conversion to Plus/4, that C64 version. Sprites were always a big headache, and latest C64 games
The music could be ripped from C64, and can be used by digi or FRQ converters. How complicated it could be? Kichy could tell soem words, but defintiely the addressing in Z80 is really different than in 6502.
Some of the late or recent ZX Spectrum games look pretty neat.

Few examples:
-Myth: defintiely looks almost impossible to convert the C64 version. The ZX Spectrum version look nice and still OK gameplay. Certainly the Myth C64 music was missing
-Golden Axe: ZX Spectrum version is horrible compared to C64
-Turrican: as Pigmy once wrote to me (maybe 30 years ago), in case there is a need from the users, any game can be converted. Turrican is an example, that except few similarities, it is a really different and much weaker game on ZX
-Ric Dangerous, Flying Shark, R-Type, Renegade, Chase HQ, Midnight Resistance, Rainbow Island: all very well made on ZX, and these are all kind of missing categories on Plussy
-Brunilda: definitely a huge game, with proper look, though I did not play too much with Magic Candle too, because it is just too huge happy

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024