Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

siz
on 2015-09-24
02:55:47
 Re: Today SIzPlay reaches the closest...

There will be a visual update of the player for sure so I'll check the colors later. Right now I just wanted to use a completely different color. This stage is mostly a functional "preview" (although it's quite usable already).
Currently working features:
- PSID support only (RSID would require full C64 emulation with CIAs, BASIC, memory mapping, etc. so I don't plan to include support for that)
- with NAE cards C64 clock and direct $d400 address mapping is used (to support tunes that write SID registers more than once within a single frame)
- on legacy SID cards register values are copied from $d400 RAM area to the detected SID card
- works with correct timings for NTSC and PAL (either timer or VBlank based) tunes on both NTSC and PAL machines
- supports directories and disk images on SD2IEC
- relocates itself to allow loading SIDs anywhere in the memory from $0fe8 to $fcff

Planned features:
- Visual update happy
- TED frequency converter playback (I have to check this but probably won't work for timer based tunes with too fast refresh rate - there is not enough CPU time to convert the frequencies in that case)
- HVTC support (in fact I've converted the music from Exorcist to PSID and it works with the published version already - except muting TED sound after playback).
- Support for large directories (HVSC has directories with 800+ entries) with search feature
- implement feature requests happy

The latest feature I added was the player relocation. I wanted to do this for a long time now but (as for everyone) there is very little time for my hobby.

But I have other projects to do and I wanted to finish this before focusing on them.

For example I want to finish conversion of Defender of the Crown this year and I would really like to create a demo for next year's Árok. (Perhaps in cooperation with Chronos and Csio). It was really bad to see only one plus/4 entry this year.

In the meantime most probably I will release my IRq loader which already supports a lot of drive types (1540, 1541, 1551, 1570, 1571, 1581, SD2IEC) even when more than one is turned on. It's not that fast but the main goal was to be most compatible.

Of course I'll publish the sources as well. happy

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024