Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MMS
on 2015-09-15
18:29:53
 Re: Interesting ebay auctions

(OFF)
BTW I saw some C64 projects made brand new blue/transparent/etc housing for C64.

It would be a nice project to produce some newly made 364 housing and rebuilt our Plus/4 (264) into them, and by sacrificing some old, not working plussis you may got enough buttons to get the numeric keyboard work. (OK, not grey, but white buttons, and some matrices required for the @ and straight up Enter buttons)
364 just looks a much more serious machine. Maybe even a slow moving silent fan can be added to improve ventillation, prevent heat issues to fry TED and 8501. I know a properly fitting frame design from a Philips DVD Recorder we produced. (It was a bitter discussion with the architerture designer 1 year ago, how much people do not like tall sets with vertical stading fan, they want slim machine). It can make a fan able to generate horizontal air ventillation from an almost lying fan (even a slimmer 8cm one may fit, I think, if we able to provide the necessary voltage.). No magic, jsut a simple converter with few screw holes.
As the numeric keyboard was just hardware wired next to the old ones to TED in the original 364, would be just a parallel connection to a socket may receive both signals from the connectors.

Do not ask Reset, and power buttons, I have no clue yet happy Maybe with such conversion and extra internal space (with some internal adapters) the installation of proper Atari 9 pin joystick sockets is possible too, adding some autofire protection circuit Levente once mentioned somewhere before...
BTW anyone made any RF out to CVBS (composite) hawrdware hack before? It is the same type of connectors, I made one for my Spectrum, and it was such improvement in picture quality (CVBS input is just available on every single TV nowadays).

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024