Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Mad
on 2015-06-29
18:43:17
 Re: How to sell a new plus4 game commercially?

I don't think I can port it to a module so easily, perhaps that will follow some time later on, at the moment I don't know about it, I understand the pro and con arguments very well. If i had known the loader from siz before this perhaps had saved me from the 1551 "misery". At the moment I am just trying to get the kernal loading ready (it seems that it writes sometimes in the memory but on places on the lower pages which are reserved for the keyboard input, must look deeper into that tomorrow). Krill mentioned that his loader is also able of using a kernal fallback for the 1551 with irqs enabled, however the problem there is that the rom must be enabled. So I just don't know at the moment if I can support the 1551 even if I am really keen to do that.. So perhaps there will be just a version for the other cbm drives. [Btw: the game can be downloaded freely, too, for me it's just nice to have the option in having a box for the game which makes it somehow complete and I think it's nice for people collecting plus4 games, even if there aren't many]

Anyway, I think that the only possibility to have flawless 1551 support (the compromise would be tons of blackscreens without sound for several minutes) would be a native implementation in the loader, which at the moment seems not so likely. So perhaps no 1551 support :(

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024