Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2015-06-17
12:47:55
 Re: Mastertronic non-turbo long loaders.

All the games other than Tomcat & Taskforce on C16/Plus4 from Players are non-turbo loaders, not a bad place to grab one either.

A couple of nice ones to look out for are Bubble Trouble, Auto Zone, Dizzy Dice.
Not the best but you might like as it uses monochrome graphics like a Spectrum title is Joe Blade 2, it's fun for 10 minuets but not much else going for it so no means a classic or a must have.

My fav Spectrum looking type game on C16/Plus4 as the machine was intended to be like, (instead of the C64 look most went with) is Mastertronic's Video Meanies. I just love the high detail that monochrome graphics can offer, and a lot more game normally as it doesn't eat as much memory. Makes me laugh when guys on the C64 say something is crap just because it looks like a Spectrum game... yet they love the Dizzy titles haha!

One more thing...
The average 16k non-turbo game takes anything from 100-140 on the number counter to load. So around 3-4 times longer than a 16k Novaload title. It's about the same time it takes the average C64 game with Turbo and a loading screen to fully load.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024