Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2015-05-18
04:48:25
 Re: Mastertronic non-turbo long loaders.

I never sent in that Tape 3+1, not mine and not in my collection.

About Petch, some one has listed a "wanted" non-turbo version but all the covers on the site have the word "Turbo" on them. I always thought that meant the game had a Turbo Loader. Unless there is some other release we don't know about?

EDIT:

It's enough to make you go crazy!
Plus/4 World now has 3 tap files for Vegas Jackpot and this would suggest there are at least 3 different versions of the game in existence. I was loading up another copy on Plus/4 yesterday and the game failed to display properly as I have seen many a time before, this would aslo suggest it is "C16 Only" but there is more to it than that...

1. Non-turbo - Long Loader.
2. First Novaload release.

Both 1 & 2 can come under the C16 Only tag and will not display properly on a Plus/4, however both may have loading issues with some C16 motherboard revisions. Rev.B being the most common machine not to display the game properly.

3. Second Novaload release. This runs and displays correct on both C16 & Plus/4.

I think we can finally put this game to bed, but burn in hell anyone that sells a copy on ebay claiming it's tested and working without trying it on a Plus/4 1st! wink

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024