Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

retroscener
on 2015-02-28
23:54:31
 Re: Ghosts 'N Goblins

I always say that if an unexpanded C16 version or remake is feasible then that should also be explored. We've had two versions before, for both 16k & 64k. i.e. Saboteur, Bridgehead, Jet Set Willy, Ace.

I think in this case, too much had to be sacrificed to make it fully feasible within the C16's limits. It was an overly ambitious project back in the day to start with, with deadlines to meet.

But on the other hand, the original 16k conversion could have still been better than what we finally got, as it all feels very rushed just to get it on the shelves quickly. Bug fixes, better collision detection, more levels, two hit deaths instead of one, extra weapons even if just the fireball. Tighter coding too to get more in to fit. Probably will still never be room for any music though, which was what gave the C64 version and the original a lot of atmosphere. Multiload would be no problem today using the SD2iec device. Obviously for a really decent much closer version then we'd have to look at 64k for this particular one.

I'm just much more fascinated with what the standard Commodore 16 can achieve rather than the Plus/4. So I hope that Richard Ikin doesn't dilly dally too long with his 16k Commando remake, plus of course 1942 and a possible remake of Airwolf happy

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024