Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

JamesC
on 2002-12-05
 Csabo -->

Remember I said that a lot of the stuff on the CD is duplicated in both .d64 and .d81 formats.... I don't know how much 'lost' stuff there is on that CD other than Jim's personal programming efforts. And it's hard for me to extract that seperately from the rest because he didn't make a directory that says "Jim's Programs". wink

I mean, really, is there a need for 3 seperate versions of Micro Illustrator on Jim's webpage? Probably not. As I need the space for other things I will condense that down.

As for having everything verified, I remember how much I was upset when I downloaded every single archive from Lando's post (which if you remember he put up in batches as well, for the same reasons) only to find that several could not be opened. I tried Minus4/Windows, Minus4/DOS, YAPE, and WinEmu to open them, plus a program called D64 Editor by Forrest Mook (http://almighty.c64.org/d64editor.html). I also used Star List from Joe Forester's Star Commander to make the text listings of the D64 Archive that Lando has available for download. None of these programs could open several of the archives.... so they are currently in a different directory of my hard drive awaiting time for me to check them again. Star List actually choked on the bad ones so they had to be removed from the directory, and Star List started again, etc etc until the lists were complete.

I wish to avoid my visitors the same problems that I had. happy

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024