Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MMS
on 2015-01-03
14:52:43
 Re: Games ported to the C64

Luca, I really gave a high score (i think was 9)because it is one of the very few games my kids still enjoy a lot and real fun to play, have some success.
My 8y boy started to be interested on laser squad, the spectrum like gfx does not bother him really. Fire ant they also like, but still too hard for a 5 and 8 years old. Trailblazer was real nono.
Battle chess is a great fun for both,while grunting a little on loading times. Still look cuter (more cute?) than the PC version.
Formula1 simulator is ok, though a 32kb version could greatly improve the gfx (more diversified background and more detailed cars with some more movemnt phases).
Unfortunately we have no card trading games, as the plussy could show great pictures, and it needs no big animation and sprites (ok, maybe one cursor). I started to work on one two years ago (based on castle age graphs), but the color limitations (2 free color per character) stopped my efforts, and the Magic the gathering needs a little more complex AI that I could program (but i considered a cheat with fix preprogrammed AI steps happy ). In B&W they looked good and i could not decide to have odd looking but colorful, or a b&w game (my old claim: why the hell the designers did not add 7 more shades of dark greys to black, with 16 grays we could do miracles).

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024