Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

retroscener
on 2014-12-12
08:57:36
 Re: C16 Plus4 SD2IEC Game Project

I did think about doing it by Software House. But then it would likely take more than the 27 alphabetical/numerical folders with maybe only a few games in many of them. I think it's worthwhile for a few of the larger C16 Software Houses though such as Mastertronic, Gremlin & Tynesoft.

It would be better to have notes which I can view within CBM File Browser without having to load anything rather than having to load a prg file itself first, like with .txt Files which you can view via the Ultimate-II on the C64 without it affecting memory. Either might work though.

I have just thought of one idea as I'm typing. It might seem a bit daft really, and not sure if I can pull it off anyway. That is to put any notes within a .d64 directory listing to be viewed within the file browser. Nothing needs to be loaded then, and you can just flick through it. It miiiiight work. Could be especially useful for those .prg files which require a Gxxxx command to start, or any LOAD""1,1 info for tap images. I could put a dash just before the game filename to indicate to read the disk info first.

Anyway I'll have a think, see what I can come up with. Nothing much I can do until I get home at the end of the year anyway.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024