Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Gaia
on 2002-12-04
 Responses

Noro: It WAS once on the right CTRL key, but I've moved the C= there instead a while ago... The plan is once to be able to remap the joystick/keyboard completely and store it in the INI file, but that'll need a helluva lotta work

SVS: I'd rather not place KERNAL traps for the sake of this feature (I'm at the moment not using any). Instead I catch the bytes that are going thru ports FEF0, FEF1 and FEF2. There must be a way for it on the protocol level. I _think_ the secondary address of the IEC command OPEN (high nibble is $F0) is the one to shoot for (thus: $F1 - open with start address given, $F0 - open without address), but I'm only guessing here, I have to check this at home. The IEC OPEN command is at least always called with a secondary address (ie. $F1) as I remember. Am I right? If yes, I could check for this secondary address and then simply throw away the first two incoming data bytes and put there what's at the BASIC start vector ($2B/$2C). Looking at the ROM disassembly of the 1541 would also help a lot, but it's also rather time consuming...

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024