Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

retroscener
on 2014-12-07
00:48:31
 Re: Princess C64SD with TAP file Support

Original Post: 2014-12-01
Doh, that's a good point. I'd worry a lot less. Especially now that you've mentioned about it getting bashed about, lol.

I just read in the guestbook though that someone in the USA got theirs in only 9 days, and someone in the UK (where I am) got theirs in under a week.
He also told me that he was going to send it out Monday (today) so I might be lucky anyway. Well, I can only hope.

Lots of stuff for your cash. It also has an extra cable with a 9v battery adapter to be used as an optional external power supply source, nice . The C16 tape cable is the large one on the bottom right, plus a standard serial cable just to the left. I'll try suss out what all the others are for a little later. I'm planning to record a full video review within the next couple of days if I find some time, as I'll be away from my C16 this Tuesday until the end of the year (although I can still edit the video in the meantime as I'm bringing the laptop with me.

The Princess C64SD in action on the Commodore 16 and the Commodore 64. In this first video I will be looking at loading games, including via its new TAP file support which is a first for the SD2IEC device.

Note: There is .tap multiload support for single sided games which I may go into a future video. However, games which requires changing tapes isn't supported. Although there is a PC utility you can download to merge .tap images together to make it one single file.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024