Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MMS
on 2014-11-17
22:28:12
 Re: Improving The Unimprovable

Even with 2.0 I was totally impressed. What to say about such a great tool continuously finetuned since years?

I think SVS is fully aware, that IF this SW would be the package in the initial Plus/4 package, (even on a floppy, like GEOS for C64), instead of the expensive, but ineffective 3PLUS1 ROM package, the Plus/4 would have a completely different history (even better fits to 364 with numeric keyboard).
together with such an effective and serious SW no journalist would mixed the machine with a games machine grin

But we all know, that it is just a daydreaming, you cannot change the history, and the existence of this SW required the experience with current applications, like MS Excel too.

OFF
Sinclair QL had more memory(128k, upto 640KB), faster 68008 processor (7.5MHz), higher resolution screen (512x256), good application SW from PSION(!) and built in multitasking Opsystem in ROM. It also failed to report success, although from all aspects seems to be a much stronger "serious" machine than Plus/4 (OK, 100kb microdrive was a huge failure, had very buggy initial ROM)
http://www.dilwyn.me.uk/gen/aboutql/aboutql.html

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024