Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2014-09-10
16:45:28
 Re: What classic programmers would you like to return to the scene?

I knew, only because you told me Csabo. wink

The big question would be does he have any idea how both Xargon games became bugged in their re-release form!

Yeah Dork's Dilemma is really cool, but at the same time bad design in some rooms let it down as you can't place a bomb to kill the bad guys or even escape because they are set to spawn in the corners. It was one of the best looking games in the early days though and then came Sword of Destiny and that was like wow back in the day!

There were some cool one off coders like Darren Clarke who did Pin Point, shame it's bugged though. I had more fun with it than I ever did with Spin Dizzy.

And what about Rockman, what a cracking real early game it is for C16 making the most of what's on offer and making one massive game that no one has ever beat. Love it though. grin

And what about the guys that did ACE+4, they really went all out to give us that game when it should not of been on our system in the first place, and they did an amazing version! Shame Ace 2 was not as good but I loved that font they used on the credits, the likes we had not see in a commercial game before. happy

The deeper you dig the more that comes out such as Howlin MAD & Darron Broad from Players. Darron was a dude as he gave us 2 multi-loading games on budget label which was wow, years later he gave us his source code too. Hard to believe but Taskforce is a genuine rare title as C16/Plus4 games go on ebay, the last one to show up was just the basic cassette and it sold.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024