Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

siz
on 2014-08-11
09:53:08
 Re: SD2IEC SID Player

I'm very sorry to say this but this player is still full of bugs.
There is no error handling and any check on input files at all. When it loads something there is a great chance that there will be no sound.

I was thinking about creating a SID player to test my SIDCard when the first version of Epy's player came out. I was glad that I don't have to do it myself but I gave up after the first try. There were bugs with paging (corrupt directory display), there was no sound, etc.

Eventually I started to create my own version. I've uploaded it to http://siz.hu/external/sizplay.d64 . It works a bit but be aware that it's in a very alpha phase. I've never tried it on the real iron so far and lacks some important features (like playing back NTSC SIDs at real clock speed and relocating player if the SID load address conflicts with player address).

(Usage: start with sys16384, cursor up/down to select files cursor left for parent directory, cursor right/enter to enter directory. Key 'd' to select drive, 'r' to reread directory. 'Return' enters subdirectory or plays SID. In player mode cursor left/right to select song and space/Esc to return to the browser).
I've included some test SID files and Epy's player for reference. wink

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024