Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MMS
on 2014-07-27
17:51:40
 Re: Exact TED Frequency a for music beginners :-)

Hi,

just listened to it, and happy to help happy
BTW: How much time it took to write this, did you use Editor in PC, or just raw Plussy or Emulator? Pretty much likes the clean structure of the program, easy to understand. To be honest, I am rather weak in music area, just listening (and my kidsa and wife just told yesterday, all my musics I listen are like 2-3 drilling tools working in metal and some extra noise (KYUSS, Amon Amarth, and so) happy )

I have 2 comments/ideas.
1) In C128 there was a command "PLAY" that make the music writing much-much easier.
Is there any specific or similar program (I mean module) or sample PRG doing it in a similar way? You know, just telling in a string the notes, lenght and delays, and the Plussy converts them to Sound on the fly...
http://www.commodore.ca/manuals/128_system_guide/sect-07b.htm

2) The harmonics are good, and the linked music suond OK with those frequencies.
But I cannot help, I keep annoyed by the very small "plop" sounds when the note starts
I supposed first it was the Emulation, but then I remember, that it did exist in my childhood too, when I tried to make music in Basic. I do remember how nice it was to listen to PIGMY's Game Music did not have these plop sounds.
What is the cause of that in BASIC, and is there any way to prevent it, to have smoother music in basic? or could be linked again to RAM/ROM switching on bad lines? Then only raster and wait states, yeah?
How it could be prevented in C=128, or SID just take care of it by itself?

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024