Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2014-06-12
00:48:45
 Re: Games not listed on this Website

Chris,

Maybe you have already tried but just in case... Create a boot floppy disc, only so you can get into dos that way to then run mtap. If it works, as soon and you press play the border will start flashing different colours and speed up once audio is playing, a bit like a novaload. When it hangs, nothing.
Booting from say Win98 and exiting to dos that way you end up with less memory than is required by mtap for some strange reason and why it may not work. This happened to me and this was the only way around it on my Win98 ex1531 setup. Obviously put mtap in your C directory as is. From drive A type:
C:
This will get you onto your C drive.

From memory all the files were recorded with King Size Turbo Tape meaning the whole lot is more likely halfwav. The turbo looks a bit like the game Thrust when loading, if my memory is good.

JamesC & Chris,

Believe it or not making audio tap's of C16/Plus4 tapes which are no more than simple .wav files is one of the hardest things to do and why there is only a dozen or so in total that's ever been made to date for our systems. You need a mono tape recorder with the old ZX Spectrum style ones being better for it. Some 3rd party sampling software as MS recorder is no good, set to the correct frequency and then lots of patience because you need to get the volume just right or else you end up with nothing time and time again. Even when it's set up for one the next tape will not be the same even if it's an identical tape as it may of been recorded on a different device, heads slightly out of alignment and your back struggling to get the audio level on that sweet spot again. Its a mare. Bad enough doing Novaload, 50 games with a halfwav turbo to wav - no thanks.
Best wav tap that was ever made has to be Mercenary - Second City, loading from a crack of Mercenary all in YAPE & Minus4 before the days on mtap ever came to C16/Plus4 scene... that was cool. happy

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024