Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

crock
on 2014-04-15
04:17:48
 Re: Acquired this V364 board :-)

@MIK - thank you for the kind words. I agree that it does sound to fast. I'm interested to see what effect it would have on her voice if I converted it to PAL? happy

@George, thank you for the info, that's useful.

I would not read too much into the colour of the keys. I have an early C116 keyboard here (the one with only one shift key and the inst/del key in the bottom left corner) and that has black cursor keys as well. There was only 1 production quality V364 case made which Dan has but I have no idea how the keyboard is put together. My suspicion is that both that one and Bo’s soft tooled case were put together from one off engineering samples. It could just be a standard plus/4 keyboard with a hand tooled keypad – the function keys may not even work.

I'm fairly certain that my board pre-dates both Bo's and Dan's as there's no silk screen and, as I discussed in the video, some re-work seems to have been necessary to get it working. The ground plane also stretches out around the board so it’s possible that my board is larger still. As you spotted, it's likely deeper than a plus/4 case so my idea of creating a Frankenstein case is probably a non-starter, not to mention that the ports will not match the cut-outs, but thanks for the offer @Patrick.

I think I’m more likely to go completely home-brew with the case, maybe using acrylic. I’ll maybe use a standard plus/4 keyboard and try to create a numeric keypad using the same keys.

Cheers, Rob

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024