Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2014-04-14
11:08:37
 Re: 1531 Record LED

Haha one of my best kept secrets, as in I don't use them at all and keep well away.

Look at the number counter too, that's the biggest give away and always the first thing I look at. Personally I keep clear of these as they are older... and I have many of the later models which came with Plus/4's mostly so that's handy for spares. The insides between the two are also a little different and will not fit inside each other...

In the UK these were in fact 1st generation Commodore 16 datassette's, the ones with the small number counter window, white numbers and record light on the left. They were rolled out from C64 datasettes of the day that were using the very same one just a different colour.
The Plus/4 one was the bigger number counter and some C16's I bought around 2000 came with them, then again I have a couple of revision B C16's so that might be a clue when they were changed. I never bought them boxed, all my C16's were loose ones.

Not sure if this has ever been added to the site... I have one any way if you need a scan. Easier to link to one quickly to show you. Here is the Commodore 16 Starter Pack Brochure for the UK, on the front you can now see the small number counter and yeah the red light is over Commodore. wink
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Commodore-16-The-Starter-Pack-Brochure-Commodore-1984-/191111790147?

Your find the bigger window black number counter version with a lot of Plus/4 bundles, the UK Plus/4 box shows the early datasette like C16 but I'm sure 1000's of Plus/4's had the later, you also see the later released 64C with Plus/4 style 1531's just a different colour of course.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024