Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2014-04-10
05:43:22
 Re: Gamepad modification

Spektro,

Nice! happy

I take it you went with the Sega Genesis version of the pad as it was all black and you didn't fancy the Mode button as fire having 7 already? wink

Personally I would of put a classic Atari 9 pin style lead on the end that would of been used for a C64 or Amiga as then you could of used it on anything that was compatible... that's if you have a host of other machines that can make use of it which I would.

The Megadrive 6 button pad has the best D-pad ever made and the pad to hold as a whole is one of the most comfortable in my opinion. Job well done to have one of these running on C16/Plus4 safely without the TED being damaged in the process!

George,

It took someone like Sega to really understand how a pad should of be used and held. Even a SNES pad is like holding a block of wood and this is a problem with all pads that came before it.

Here is an Amstrad GX 4000 pad, it's actually mine as I have one of these machines lol. The pad is too small to hold for long periods of time and the D-pad is much smaller than Sega's, it's too small for the average thumb to work with... again small is a major problem with most pads from the late 1980's such as the PC Engine and even Atari made one for it's 7800 console. Commodore would of been just as bad with the pad design as everyone else I believe, even if the Plus/4 joystick was superb to use but not made to last as we know...

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024