Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2014-03-08
19:31:48
 Re: "Sgt. Helmet Zero" Hits On Plus/4!

Thanks for sharing! happy

Kichy should do a port of Switchblade for Plus/4, Csabo and Luca on remix duty for both SID & TED. wink

Really when you look at Switchblade at it's most basic level it's nothing more than a take on Saboteur!. However I love how the game reveals parts of the room, but only when your standing in them and also Switchblade is a game where you will die, and you will die make no mistake. It's a game that can last for years and be replayed time and time again.
C64 version looks a bit ugly, still cool tho as a game to play... But looking back at Saboteur and because of the nature of Plus/4 I think Plus/4 could do better. The Spectrum version is not bad at all, but if the graphics could be borrowed from the Amstrad CPC / GX 4000 then that would be wicked as that version looks like the 16bit versions on Amiga and Atari ST even tho it's still an 8bit machine the Amstrad. happy

Kichy if you ever have a couple of weeks break from coding again and fancy another challenge then may I recommend SwitchBlade for Plus/4 someday. I would love to hear Csabo doing Ben Daglish with TED. The Amstrad version might give you an idea what that might sound like, but of course it uses 3 channels, the instrument sound is a bit like TED though. wink

http://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/Switchblade_(cartridge)

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024