Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2014-02-20
10:48:21
 Re: c64/vic20 to c16 Datasette adapter

Sorry to hear your messages have been effected Retro76. Never known this to happen to anyone before so very unlucky.

Maybe you could send a msg to Csabo with some basic details like forum user name, so he can make you a member and then give you a password ect... Once logged in you won't have to type your name when posting, your be able to cast your votes on stuff you like.

I keep thinking about getting a sd2iec as it would make things so much easier to get stuff over to the real machine sooner than later. The reason I keep stalling is because I have the means to copy stuff directly to a real 1541 via PC and do it that way so some classics and even updated and fixed versions I have on floppy any way. happy
Unlike the C64 scene you might be pleased to know that where possible commercial games in downloadable form for C16/Plus4 such as .PRG's are as pure to the original tape version as can be. We have some special ones tho such as Legionnaire where it also includes the tape loading screen as well as the game 100% as it should be seen un-changed! So we have none of this "Big shout to the crew in 92, we crackeded this game in 2 days, music by the boss, would you like infinity lives?" which is something I so hate with Commodore 64 stuff, this alone makes my real C64 collection priceless!
And when something is worth updating, fixing once the original has been sorted games such Saboteur C16 you see in the news have a new lease of life by adding a trainer, joystick support and a cool intro which does not harm the original because no matter what the original is still there either way. More respectful that way.
But yeah a bunch of commercial games on sd2iec or floppy are just as good as the real thing when it comes to C16/Plus4. I like reminissing, having something to hold, read the instructions yet again in case I missed something, enjoy the artwork and all as it once was more than anything. Mind you if people didn't collect tapes then half of the .tap achieve that's been made would not be here so it's all good. The real thing when chilled out in front of the TV, emulation as in YAPE for PC an Notebook and in the background you have Plus/4 World open. Best of both worlds. happy

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024