Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

retroscener
on 2013-12-14
15:35:01
 Re: Some APS Adventures

ah solutions would spoil my enjoyment lol. I'm guessing it is probably only a few errors where I was converting.

I have tried to run them all in 16K but none work. Although some loads entirely within 16K, they unfortunately produce an Out Of Memory Error when run

Updates:

The Pyramid - Fixed the title screen. Changed background and border colours to black.

The Forest Of Evil - Removed all unneccesary spaces throughout the whole listing (not just the extra space after the line number) and then renumbered the whole listing in increments of 1 to save more memory but still getting an Out Of Memory Error in line 14 (the original line 75) in unexpanded C16 mode. In fact the line renumbering has now oddly given the plus4 the same error, I've requadrupled checked the listing witha fine toothed comb and I'm certain all the GOTO's, GOSUB's & IfxTHENxxxx's go to the correct lines, no idea why it's playing up now. I think we may have to keep the original line numbering order although I have still removed the unnecessary spaces, it works on plus4 fine fast enough and I don't believe there's quite enough memory for the unexpanded C16 anyway, even without REM's and a title screen.

Spaced Out - The "adoor" typo was in the original. In fact all the usable items had the same problem. Now fixed.

Fairy Tale Adventure - Fixed the 1290 bug which is supposed to be 11290 (the error is also in the C64 version), and I've removed extra spacing between line numbers and code.

A few other necessary fixes.

Question: How do you clear the keyboard buffer? I know it's one simple POKE on the C64. I'm wondering if it might fix the problem on the unexpanded C16.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024