Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Gaia
on 2013-09-06
16:29:00
 Re: Two Tech Demos

BTW, this effect is not really new, many demos featured colours with accidentally inverted phase in the past. I recall at least one by TLC from Cracker's Demo.

@Litwr: you have to skip the cycle where the colour burst is started by writing to the $FF1E at the appropriate location (I forgot which cycle it is but around the 2-4th half-character position).

Oh and when Larry made his famous side-border expension with his infamous Eagle he both inverted the phase and destroyed the colour burst in the process. The end result is rather interesting and AFAIR the colours were not displayed correctly in plus4emu. Well although YAPE is doing it right, it is in other terms farther from perfection, since the phases are line-based - I'd have to rewrite the whole thing for this to work properly for which I have little animo right now wink

There is yet another way of displaying more colours and that is displaying a 1-1 pixel thick horizontally striped pattern with two different colours. On a real PAL display the result will be a colour with an averaged V' (or was it U'?) of these two colours. There is a C64 technology "demo" which I (?) "converted" to plus/4 once. So that makes how much colours by now? 1800? grin

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024