Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

gerliczer
on 2013-09-06
13:40:07
 Re: Two Tech Demos

Hi Litwr,

How I miss now my broken monitor! I can only watch your goodies in emulator only.

The lacking support of features in VICE plus/4 emulation is a well known thing which will stay like that forever because of lack of interest in our machines.

I do seem to remember emusuxX0r from Deekay of Crest playing around with the PAL TV system and featuring a screen with some text that could be read on real machine and monitor but not in emulators of the time. Also comes to my mind the Risen From Oblivion demo from Crest and Oxyron for C128 the VIC part of which featuring very similar colour effect that 231c exhibits. I'm not familiar with the Atari, Spectrum or Amiga scene therefore I don't know what people there came up with so far but I'd be very surprised hearing that there were no such attempts there because abusing the colour system of display devices is an old "tradition". Somewhere, was it the Wikipedia, I read that in the ancient times when dinosaurs still roamed... Sorry, another tale. So, back in the early PC days when CGA cards were prevalent it was a common practice in games to trick the analog output of said cards to display more colours than officially specified.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024