Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Litwr
on 2013-08-09
13:53:01
 Re: Z80 GUI: SymbOS

Thank you again! happy happy happy However I dare again to repeat that 1MHz 6502 can't handle 10 KB/s. Let's see a simple math 1000000/10000=100 cycles or about 30-40 CPU codes for one byte. The code should handle hardware communication, perform decoding, test checksum, put bytes in the proper memory location... I hope that this information may enjoy you. happy I don't use the word "speculation" this time... I can give you email of the Apple II's expert. Should I? I can give you link to the interesting site made by him - it contains the video at the end of page which demonstrates the Apple II disk reader attached to PC with max speed 10 KB/s but it uses special hardware which allows to read a track by one revolution.
**edit** I don't want to accuse. I am only seeking truth. It is just a discussion. It's helped me to better understand Apple ][ world. However if I can't find obvious system information which is available for other systems then this system is closed for me. I didn't say that it is closed for you.
**edit #2** I've just checked the standard 1551 speed with GEOS. It is close to 4 KB/s.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024