Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2013-03-31
04:20:27
 Re: The addition to Plus/4 wikipedia article

As this is a new sentence we need to remind people what is being talked about I feel because before this you were comparing a Plus/4 with a C64.

However, it is mentioned the Plus/4 can be 75% faster than a C64 when using screen blanking mode.

Does this read better?

gc841,
I agree with you on most points and I have just done it again because it is being talked about in that sentance. ;)
I think speed comparisons are ok with the closest rival, a computer that was the biggest selling machine of all time. Indeed tho it must read as if some one does not know, for the first time. It's hard when people that own a particular machine generally know about it so that makes the info for others to read who might of had a different machine.

There must be other cross references across all the the 8bit machines I would of thought. Amstrad, Atari and Spectrum would be other contenders. :)

The whole C16/Plus4 scene in the eyes of ignorance is always based on lies away and nothing ever changes because it's still the same old people from then that are here now. History has done this which is something not even a wiki page can correct even if it means the truth was staring at them in the face. ;)

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024