Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

gerliczer
on 2013-02-26
02:21:28
 Development ideas

Hi Andre,

I don't know anything about what are the possibilities but here are some ideas to consider.

You may want to modify the design of the plastic case to include recesses for the stickers. That way it would be easier to position the markings and they'd be a bit protected against scratches. You may also put a notation next to the card slot how to insert the SD card (although it will obviously go in only one way).

AFAIR there are builds of the SD2IEC firmware that support JiffyDOS. If yours do then you may want to consider selling your product bundled with JiffyDOS. In the 264 scene it has almost zero penetration but I think it could be very helpful since SD2IEC does not support custom loaders (drive code based ones). You may also consider designing, producing and selling a custom ROM, either as a 3-PLUS-1 replacement for the plus/4 or as an external cartridge for the C=16/116, with utilities making SD2IEC handling easier.

Another possible development course would be printer emulation. Many printers support printing directly from storage media devices nowadays. I think an MPS803 emulation that prints into some picture files could be done. At least the serial protocol and SD card handling is ready in the firmware.

Were these any good?

Oh, and please set the webpage you earlier mentioned up.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024