Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

bubis
on 2013-04-03
10:28:03
 Re: Any Android developers around?

@Gaia: I only used Bluestacks to check and see what is an Android tablet like. I don't see any sign of dev env support on their site.

@siz: Come on! With your experience it shouldn't take more than a few hours to port a SDL C++ app to Android. It doesn't have to be polished and sexy, just get it working!
Forget beer and friends for a while, and port one of the available open source SDL emus to Android please!

Meanwhile: It turned out that you can actually run Debian and Ubuntu on Android using the Android kernel, so in theory I only need a linux port. I haven't checked this in Android emulator yet. Will let you know when I did.

UPDATE:
- I have my own Android device now I can experiment with: Asus Nexus 7.
- Found a promissing app that supports bash, gcc 4.4 (arm-eabi), make, java: Terminal IDE
- Also found Sand IDE that supports Java.

So, should be relatively easy to compile any asm compiler and other tools (exomizer, etc.) for Android that have c++/java source even on the very machine!

Things to explore:
- Checking out if AnVice experimental build already supports Plus/4 (found a minute ago): http://sourceforge.net/projects/vice-emu/files/experimental%20binaries/
- Compiling YAPE SDL for Android
- Compiling Plus4Emu SDL for Android

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024