Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2002-09-14
 :-)

I would say near on 300+ titles from 1985-88 were all available to buy in hampshire, 250+ I grabbed. Much of the big named or top class games hit the shops in 1986. WHSmiths, Boots and the like covered much of it, but I found alot of unseen stuff in News Paper shops and even Video Rental shops. There was this odd cheapy shop that would of been the last place you would of thought to find games and wow when thet had PinPoint I could'nt beleive my eyes. Also you might remember Super Drug they had all the Sola Software, Atlantis, Bug Byte and Bubble Bus games happy

Back then I was 14-15 years old. Used to ride a bike and hunted high and low for shops selling games along with my brother and best friend. We even went 20miles to Portsmouth once in a while because this Hardware Shop had much of the Anirog/Anco releases seeing as Kent (Anco's home) was'nt so far away wink

Only 2 games I mailed ordered and that was ACE2 and Summer Events in fear of not finding them as in 1987 the Plus/4 was slowly being pulled from the shops

Bomb Jack was released a number of times, 3 I think. Elite release, Enore release and even in a compilation release.

Way Of The Exploding Fist you just might of just missed becasue Mastertroinc titles were the easyest to find. Try this with YAPE and you can also find a copy of my original tape to load with Yape: here. A little tricky to emulate correct but I know Ati make a fix some time ago for it wink

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024