Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Litwr
on 2012-10-03
11:59:05
 Re: c/plus4 is the fastest 6502-based computer!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MOS_Technology_SID shows that SID digital sound is a trick which may give problems with different hardware. However it works and the modern demos with advanced digital synthesis impressed very much. Sorry I was wrong about it. However TED may also play 4-bit samples. I've just checked it with c16 iron. I've found that TED produces at least 14 levels of sound volume. Together with faster CPU it makes C+4 digital effects equal to 4-bit C64 sound. I can only add that I never used C64. I had no even a desire to use it. I plainly had no time for something above C/plus4, Amstrad CPC/PCW, Amiga 500, and PC. When I had to choose between C+4 and Amiga (I didn't have time for both) at 1990 I chose C+4. happy
I remember men who used C+4 for the scientific calculations. They asked me to find a way to speed up C+4. However I could make all research about C+4 speed only more than 20 years later. The results of this research I sent to lemon64. I am a bit proud that C/plus4 proved that it is one of the fastest home computers of 80s. It overperforms even C128, Apple IIc, 8-bit Atari, BBC Micro... I am sure that my results made news for 98% of the readers. However this scientific approach raised emotions which are alien to me. Sorry if it disturbed somebody. I wanted only to show truth. wink

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024