Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2012-09-28
19:24:46
 Re: Anything interesting going on in your Commodore universe?

Some Jet Set Willy facts...

Tynesoft released a 16k only version of Jet Set Willy, in other words it's the 16k version as we all know it but it never came with the 32K Enhanded version on side B of the tape. Instead the 16K version was recorded both sides of the tape.

It could be impossible to complete Jet Set Willy 16k, maybe the 32K version too. It is widely known the game can not be completed on the C64 but it's for different reasons on our versions. Looking at the 16k map on the right side is a blue screen which looks like it has a White Rabbit Head on the edge of a platform. There are two items leading up to the rabbits head on screens before this, well the only way to get here on these 3 items is to climb up the screen of the right side of the house and jump off the roof. Of course in other versions this is illegal as you can not full down many screens as survive! Once your here to collect these 3 items including the rabbit head there is no way back down, game over and you can not return back to bed - if that is the case to complete the 16k version?

I need to look at the 32K version again at some point as I can't remember but I think it's impossible to even get on to the platforms where the White Rabbit Head can be reached as the game will not allow you to jump up to the roof screen or something like that - BUG. I think...

Jet Set Willy animation is much smoother and he runs a little faster if you use Keyboard controls! Some how the joystick code is slowing the game up which causes Willy to flicker some times as he walks.

Jet Set Willy II:
The map of Jet Set Willy II by Reuben Cornwall is missing about 7 screens on Level 1. There is a screen that looks like a Power Station, if you stand so your feet are hanging over the right smoke stack of the Power Station and jump straight up your find some more areas to explore. wink
Not all items are required on Level 1 as you can complete it being one short than the amount you can find in total.
As soon as you have the required amount of items the game will now load/search for Level 2. Once level 2 has loaded everything is reset as it if was a new game, it does not keep a record of how many lives you may of lost sadly.

If you fall from a great height and know your going to die, hold the Jump button just before you land. You will still die if you let go of Jump, however if it's a screen you've dropped into that you have not seen before then at least you can have a look at it before the game does the crazy loop of deaths haha!

I wish they made a 64k only version of Jet Set Will 2 with no loading for 264 series! That would of been cool and another thing the Commodore 64 versions of JSW2 is a bit messed up because all the graphics have been stretched sideways which makes it look a bit odd. wink

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024