Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

crock
on 2013-01-14
18:46:05
 Re: Commodore search engine

(Edit: Comment removed)

Both my parents are in their 70's and are on the internet every day. Also, as I think I posted on my bio when I joined +4w, I worked at Commodore's UK headquarters in Weldon during one of my summer holidays, either in '85 or '86, and I'm "only" 41. happy

Admittedly I was only about 16 at the time but many of those working there were fairly young, so there is plenty of people still living in Corby (nearest large town) in their 40's and 50's who will remember working at Commodore as it was one of the larger employers in town. My parents and two sisters still live in the area and know people who worked there.

Production had already stopped when I was there but I know that there was at least two separate production lines in operation for the plus/4 alone. We could probably get a rough idea from the lowest and highest serial numbers for each of the prefixes (EA4, EA5, DA1, CA1 etc.) Did anyone ever set up a registry for 264 serial numbers?

From the dozen or so 264's I have, I guess there was around 600k to 700k worldwide.

Rob

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024