Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

JamesC
on 2002-09-09
 And another thing......

at one time Lando considered this website (and forum) as secondary to Mike's plus4.org site. Lando started a forum because Mike didn't have one.

If Mike wishes to have his own forum, that's great as it gives a choice. Choice is good. If we only had one word processor, one spreadsheet, and one programming language then Lando's board wouldn't have much to archive. (Remember the Plus/4 isn't meant to be a game machine.)

I started my own website because I didn't want Lando to be liable if I broke US copyright laws, but also because I would have some control over what it held. I didn't use my Plus/4 to play games very much when I used it daily; it was a newsletter editor, a calculator, and a programming tool. So my choices for software will be different than Lando's emphasis on games. If I didn't post Expanded Three-Plus-One, would it be the center of anyone else's site? Doubtful. Does anyone besides me care? Probably not. But if David Johnson or Leonard Tramiel ever want to show their children what an impact their little creation made on the world, my site will hopefully be noticed and thought nicely of.

And isn't that the point of posting in cyberspace?

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024