Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

JamesC
on 2002-09-09
 My two/hundredths of a Euro :)

I like Lando's forum because of its simplicity.

On Lando's forum, to see the new messages, I look to the right-hand-most date column and read anything that shows in red. I do this twice a day (morning and evening). If it doesn't apply to me, it doesn't, but if it does I can throw my opinion in. (Like this message!)

On Mike's new forum, presuming that I can get my login straightened out, I would have to click "show last 10 posts", presuming that there were 10 or fewer posts in the last 12 hours. If there were 12 posts, I'll miss two of them unless I go through up to 7 forums and look for them.

*MY* rules regaring topics and threads are simple:
1) If responding to a message, reply under the same thread, instead of a new topic (the exception is if the thread is about to scroll off the first page and my response wouldn't be seen.).
2) Start a new thread if the topic within isn't on the first page, or is directed to someone not involved in the previous thread. (I post to someone's attention for this reason.)
3) If it doesn't run on, plug into, or support the Plus/4 or 16, it doesn't belong here.
4) If English is the unofficial language of the board, I don't post in Latin; I don't read messages in Martian.

What Lando and Csabo have here is one large table with several people conversing at once. I can listen to SVS talking to Lando, for example, and then turn to my side and butt in between Csabo and Mike (hehehe).

What Mike is doing is setting up tables in the same room, but each table has its own discussion. I can move from table to table to hear what is being said, and each particular conversation will be more clear because of less background noise, but I may miss something I wanted to hear at another table.

I think it's a personal choice and both forums can co-exist. But I do ask that people not crosspost between the two, otherwise the unique conversations between Mike's and Lando's forums will be lost.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024