Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Litwr
on 2012-08-28
12:44:55
 Re: TAP -> WAV -> PC sound card -> cassette recorder -> datasette -> c16/+4

Thank you! They are the mentioned inverted turbos! happy

The standard format, Nova turbo, c16 turbo (it is not mine wink it is from Your Commodore magazine 2/86) use waves that begin with low signal level but inverted turbos waves begin with high level of signal. As I know C64 hardware can't distinguish two parts of the wave period but c16/+4 can. So it requires to save both parts of the wave period for C16/+4. This (with Gaia help) made version 2 of the TAP format. So the title half wav turbo is a bit incorrect.

It is not about my stuff. It is about tests of some of my new software. BTW I plan to release a new version of Test Suite soon. I need the iron very rare. If I needed frequent data transfer then I would make direct old PC - C16 link via PC centronics and C16 cassette ports. The microdriver for PC is very easy. If I needed direct link with modern PC then I would seek something with USB-Centronics interface or Arduino cards (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arduino). Sorry I'm not completely understand your point. Maybe my English is poor. Sorry if it is so. I only hope it is understandable.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024