Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2012-08-28
15:21:13
 Re: TAP -> WAV -> PC sound card -> cassette recorder -> datasette -> c16/+4

Your C16 Turbo could well be the best. I only talk of the most common and most reliable used of all the commercial turbos as it had a name on the loading screen. The commodore 64 used Novaload a lot and some of the best games used it such as Last Ninja & Ikari Warriors. Ocean Loader I recall uses Novaload... I think.

Some titles off the top of my head that use Half Wav. Of course it's not the name of the turbo, just the image/format once recorded. At first MTAP could not make copies of these games until Marcus found out what the problem was.

Thrust
Winter Events
Summer Events
Task Force
Tom Thumb
Pin Point
Terra Nova
Who Dares Wins II

Many of the Anco/Anirog titles. As your see there are many different Turbo's that record using Half Wav. There are many more, I just can't think at this time of them all. Finders Keepers or Molecule Man maybe. Ikari Warriors could be one. I long forget without checking, but Anco/Anirog most definitely Half Wav.

Edit: Could you not ask some one closer to home to put your stuff on to a disk for you. That would be easier if you have a floppy drive and generally loads quicker too.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024