Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2012-08-28
06:45:24
 Re: TAP -> WAV -> PC sound card -> casette recorder -> datasette -> c16/+4

If you want the correct answer it would be best to ask Minstrel who created MTAP and called the turbo's Half Wav. Only a C16 & Plus4 uses this.
Link: http://markus.brenner.de/

Gaia could maybe tell you more. I guess if your recording with it then there should be no problem as long as you use the same 1531 for play back. If the heads are are a little out then you may have problems loading it.

I think if you were to load a half wav audio recording into a sample editor you would see why it's called Half Wav.

When you have over 300-400 tapes and around 20% use the half wav style of turbo then you may find 10% will load, but 10% will not without adjusting the heads. This is more fault of the manufacturing as the heads were out in the first place.
That means although many of the half wav turbos I recorded using MTAP work there is no promise the heads were 100% aligned to record them on to PC. I had to make sure they would load first on the real hardware and then there was a good chance it would load in Yape.
Also what I'm saying is that you only need the heads out 1% and anything using a half wav turbo will not load or fail to load. I would imagine it was used as an anti copying turbo.
So with half wav turbos not being the best then this could be even worse trying to record them back on to tape.

To be honest I'm not sure what you want to do. In one hand you want to record back on to tape which is a 1980's thing. In the other you talk as if that was something from the 1980's but it sounds like you want to create modern tapes of new software that never were tapes in the first place.

You can't beat Novaload. Speed is not the issue, it's the quality of the turbo that will always load is all that matters. Start with something basic and then try something different. Once you know something works only then can you experiment.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024