Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2012-08-20
16:50:31
 Re: Superman is a really bad game

I've never sat down and honestly played it. I loaded it up once and switched it off as I didn't like the look of it. I have the original, I'm sure it's my cover on the site and maybe the tap came from me too... It does look like a younger persons game.

In truth there are as many good commercial games are there are bad. It's a 50/50 right down the middle. You bought one good one to then by an average one. People could do as they pleased and Solar Software is the best example of taking people for a ride when half of his releases would look bad on a Vic20 let alone a C16.
Not all of the Mastertronic range is what I would call GOOD. Some of the later releases are below average.
Tynesoft released many below average games.
Even Anco, Anirog released a small number of average games, Thai Boxing could be the bad egg of that list but lucky for us they did more good than it's even worth worrying about that is bad. happy

What were Commodore thinking putting text adventures on cartridges?

What were Elite thinking releasing Commando like it was, to then stick the knife in real hard with Ghost'n'Goblins which was even worse. These two are the biggest let downs of all.

It was that area of when everything was free for all and as long as you were in the know with some potential to make money then anything could be knocked out and they could get away with it. 50 games all in basic for a price... Some one will buy it. Even Jeff Minter managed to release Psychedelia at a time when it was all about games. wink

Superman is just one of those that has made you scratch your head and ask how on earth did they ask money for this... Many more like it, just some are easier to forgive than others. Sometimes it's best to ignore, forget something ever existed, just don't load it up until someday your ready for it. You may even find the answers that were not so obvious first time around at a later date. One such game for me is Runner, I missed the point, bad animation, cheap and nothing special as if I was just robbed of my paper round money! It almost put me off buying Booty because I was looking at the same thing on the back cover! Today I have become fond of Runner just because it's a fun game that offers something a little different in that simple kind of way that I never really took much notice of back in the day. Sure there is little to do in it, but that's half the fun just seeing if you can reach the top and work up a high score. In 1986 having already played and beat Tom Thumb I was blind to what Runner had to offer. Glad I found what it was all about at a later date. Not saying this will happen with Superman, but sometimes you can be a little blind to something when you have played something much better. Not all games can be good on any machine, some one has to take the crown for worst game. wink

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024