Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Mad
on 2012-08-13
18:54:21
 Re: Insane new demo in Bauknecht quality

Hey Guys,

first of all: I'm so happy and proud to be part of the plus4 scene happy.. It was a well choosen decision to do stuff for this nice machine! I love the plus4 (except that it's hard to compete with sid music on a stock machine) and will do more prods for sure (with the bauknecht/tek posse).. For the second time (first was states united) I'm really impressed by the "production" flow we have with nero and degauss (degauss it's so cool to do demos with you happy ).. We will push the limits again for sure (if thats possible in any way(ofcourse))..

Luca: i was shocked to see that we didn't greet Fire this time.. I do not know why and how we could forget it.. It's a big mistake, sorry.. We will learn from it!

Some stuff about the demo: the fire effect is a real fire effect but not up the screen, we do a rotation zoom instead.. (some other nice thing is the overlay it scrolls with parallax scrolling because we coudn't use the softscroll register there)..

the rotating "rasters" is a 1d texture rotzoomer, i found out that 1d texturing is only a scaling and an fixed translation offset..

the dypp is a fast eor routine it clears and fills only the cells needed.. i think it's speed and looktechnically improvable.. for the next demo happy..

the plasma is a loader effect thus it consumes almost "no" memory..

the "chesstwister" is a simple idea but turned out to be more complex to code when you put in perspective.. however the perspective is only a "add" instruction happy

the picture by nero is a standard multicolor picture with very good colorchoices (I think happy..

the "shadebobs" is a loader part, the idea was to combine two pictures to get more colors first i tried interlace but the second line trick turned out to be more pleasing.. however perhaps you can combine second line and interlace to get a smoother look and more colors happy

that's for me so far... Hope you enjoyed watching the demo as much as it was a pleasure for me to do the demo with degauss and nero happy.. May the plus/4 be with you..

(perhaps degauss can tell some stuff about his effects later on.. dunno happy cu!

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024