Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

gerliczer
on 2012-08-09
09:33:27
 Re: Combing Text and freely placeable bitmaps on screen

Hi George,

Regarding Csabo's Gfx Edit I can say that picking colours seems to be very straightforward to me. Click in the palette to select the colour you wish to use, then select with pressing Alt+0, 1, 2 or 3 to tell the program how you want to use it. 0 and 3 are the two global colours that are used throughout the whole picture. Obviously 1 and 2 are the local colours which are valid in the individual character sized areas. What may be unintuitive is that after picking a local colour it will overwrite the previously used one if you would cause a clash.

Regarding the luminance and colour data exported by the editor I don't know exactly the encoding. But it isn't too hard to figure it out with a little experimenting. Pick two colours with different code and luminance as local ones (1 and 2), and draw some pixels in the top left character area with both of them. Now save it as source, and compare the low and high nibble of the first luminance byte with those you picked for the trial. Also compare the first colour byte similarly. This will show you the encoding.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024