Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2002-09-06
 Ahhhh!!!

NOOOOOooooO! I have done that before now, got this game mixed up with Torpedo Alley sorry guys. Csabo after you said about Firebird it got me thinking.........

And being very honest this time both games I never really played, loaded them once and that was enough for me wink

Ok's this time I get a chance to make that up and here goes the full instructions for Torpedo Run.

Program... Robert Kent and Dave Large
Copyright... CITISOFT LIMITED 1985.
Produced by... Genesis Design, London

Keys...User Selection
Joystick... Left-Right...N.S.E.W Steering
Forward...Dive
Back...Surface
Fire Button... Fire Torpedos

Game Scenario:
The enemy have launched several large convoys for a massive attack on your bases, Your mission as a submarine captin is to seek out these convoys and sink as many of their ships as possible. The enemy must be stopped at all costs. Your Torpedo and Fuel capacity is limited but you can retrun to base to replenish these. returning to base is a very hazardous journey. you will have to steer a path through an enemy laid mine field - one touch of any mine will be fatal.

Locating Enemy Convoys:
Use your periscope to take a "BEAD" on an enemy ship. You may fire torpedos either from peroscope depth (40 feet) or from the surface. To sink a ship you must hit it in the "AMMO STORE". Hits in other areas of the ship will cause damage but will not sink it. You can finish off a ship by coming to the surface and firing more torpedos, but be careful, the ships will fire back. Sinking ships from the surface will earn extra points. you are safe from enemy fire at periscope depth.

Warnings :-
If you are below peroscope depth and your periscope is up, or you submaerge with you periscope up, you will lose your periscope and points. Keep an eye on your oxygen level, if it gets low you must surface to replenish it.

Sorry about that mistake.
regards,

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024