Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2012-07-26
23:23:34
 Re: Twin Kingdom Valley

Sometimes it pays to write stuff down so you have a record which saves you digging about to find the stuff you want again when you need it most.

For future reference on the pokes:

* = 0 to 255

Boarder colour on 264 machines:
POKE65305,*

Screen colour on 264 machines:
POKE65301,*

10 POKE65305,255:POKE65301,255 (will set the screen & boarder to bright yellow)

Do a HARD RESET:
Go to the monitor and type the following. After the first line just press RETURN and it will auto be ready for the next to be added, again just type as I've put it down.

A 2000 LDA #$FF
STA $FF19
LDA#$FF
STA $FF15
RTS

Now press RETURN once more to exit out after RTS. Type X and press RETURN to get back into BASIC.

Type: SYS8192

Congrats, you have just typed your first machine code program! happy

In simple terms because I'm not much better my self haha! grin
In memory FF19 is the boarder and FF15 is the screen. We need to load a number, LDA and then store that number to whats found at memory address FF19 or FF15. RTS is to return back from where it came from just like a return if a GOSUB was used before hand. As we jumped to memory address 2000 from basic using SYS8192 then once the program see's an RTS it will return back to BASIC, if used in machine code it would return back to the machine code program where GOSUB would be JMP or rather JUMP.

If you want to list your MC prog then type:
D 2000

Anyways this was just for fun, a mess about. Thought I'd add the screen POKEs if you needed them, as for the colours... have a mess about.

As for anything else. I'm just as useless. happy

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024