Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2012-07-11
11:56:21
 Re: C16/Plus4 Classics High Score Hall of Fame

Hi Hans,

If I'm not using the real machines I use YAPE.

I'm sure your doing nothing major wrong as you have an excellent history of using floppy drives, just I think you need to unzip things to work and I'm sure your be running in no time. Just in case... I'll go back over a couple of things and hope that gets you going.

Winter Events
With Yape using the D64 file you downloaded. Use the File menu and go down to Attach Disk Image. Yape does not read ZIP files, you must unpack your download so you have the raw winterevents.d64 file.
DLOAD"WINTEREVENTS"
At the ready prompt type: RUN
Joyport 2.

Summer Events
As above, unzip file. Attach Disk Image.
DLOAD"SUMMER EVENTS 16"
At the ready prompt type: RUN
Joyport 2.

Once a .d64 image has been added of course you can press F3 to list the directory so you can see the file names just like you would on a real machine.

Even easier...
Don't forget both games come in TAPE form, as in the .tap file extension.
Again unzip downloads.
On YAPE menus go over to TAPE and Attach TAPE, add the file.
type: LOAD
press F5 which is PLAY or do it from the tape menus.

Both the tape images are the real thing, taken from my tapes in fact and there is no harm using tap images at all. Just a little longer loading, but worth the wait! happy

I use many joysticks, Competition Pro, Zip Stick, Speed King ect... I use a Tecnoplus Swift on my PC with a 9 PIN Retro Adapter mostly, or I grab a stick sometimes.
Both Winter and Summer Events play better with loose sticks as some of the events are all about timing. A bit of play in the stick can help with the timing I find and I even sway left to right as I play to get that perfect rhythm. The old classic Cheetah joysticks are really nice with these games.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024