Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2012-06-09
06:51:58
 Re: C16 Plus/4 palette

I only use YAPE and to me Digitized colours is very close to the real thing.

If you have ever seen a C16/Plus4 on a Commodore Monitor such as the 1084 using the Luma/CVBS & CRHOMA it's close to what you might see on your PC screen as in each pixel perfectly on display. Almost RGB looking.

If you have ever used the RF lead on the real machines well... the colours are much stronger then Composite video which Commodore would of setup in the factory on the RF unit inside. However red is BLOOD RED meaning over all each colour becomes darker.

Composite Video has a softer warmer image but tends to show pixel colour clashing with green and reds. RF can look cleaner on smaller screens.

One issue is that... all PC screens are different from LED, LCD and CRT from HDMI to VGA ect... You can never see the real thing you would of seen in 1985 but really you can see a much richer colour intense image because of today's screens and it's great. happy

Only real way to get a comparison is to have both side by side and tweak.
Again I use Digitized, Brightness 110 and Contrast 170 on an LED screen. This is close or rather how I like it and use, just it's more colour rich than a CRT but in no way spoils the image. Remember no two users share the same screens!

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024