Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2012-05-23
05:33:07
 Re: There is no 16k only support

I will have to load up Galaxions for another blast and give it an honest vote with you in mind which I have not done yet! I can see where you coming from with this one, been a while!

A number of the 16k games have been compressed which is strange as they didn't take that long to load in the first place... I guess people wanted to fit more on a disc than rather save time on loading a smaller file. So for this reason they use extra memory and why they don't run on a 16K machine and hang.

A lot of 16K games you can make backup's your self. Yape can make the purest of prg files as you don't have to do a runstop/reset to get into the monitor and any game that blocked the reset button has no escape now! Many of the games restart codes are found with it's cheats. Have a go your self. All you have to do is make a note of the restart code for later use. happy

EDIT: I had a good blast on Galaxions for a couple of nights and voted it a more than generous 6/10. The animation of the enemy fire lets it down and can cause you to die without warning when they get lower as it moves in chars rather than pixels making it super fast. Also the star field lends it self to making everything a bit flicky on the eyes. I've yet to get past level 7. If the enemy ran at about 75% speed it would of been a lot more enjoyable. Overall a good effort for 1984 and a shame no Joysticks were available as the support is missing. One worth going back too now and then any way. happy

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024