Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2012-05-17
16:49:10
 Re: Legionnaire finally gets the love it deserves!

Many thanks Csabo for the new .prg of BMX Racers giving it the same treatment as Legionnaire with the Title Screen, joystick/keyboard control options, fixing the road colour and of course the whole game as one running once again in 16K!

Indeed this was another one of those rare ones again missing one key ingredient which was set from the loading screen as before that meant the .prg version was not how it should of been. On the plus side your new version makes my old .d64 file redundant now as that was the actual non-turbo tape code on the disc to correct the problem. A single file keeps everything clean and tidy which now complete, is more than you could of asked for and is another cracking job done! happy

Many thanks again Csabo, very cleaver stuff as always! grin

Small story.
I actually see a screen shot of BMX Racers in one of the UK computer magazines and it had a good write up too whilst browsing the mags in a shop. At this very same time the Commodore 16 was being advertised on TV and as I never had a computer I so wanted to have a C16 so I could play BMX Racers!!! Stupidly the C16 was £40 more than a Plus/4 which had 11 games and a joystick. I guess you were paying for the C16's keyboard...
It's funny how things happen. I ended up with a Plus/4 and still got to play the first C16 game I ever caught sight off.
So along with Mission Mars being the first game I actually bought with my paper round money, BMX Racers shines as the game for me that started it all. Understandably I have a soft spot for it.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024