Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2012-05-15
05:03:06
 Re: Legionnaire finally gets the love it deserves!

Haha I'm glad you agree. I'm also fond of C64 and have a large wad of original games made up mostly of Tapes, handful of disc's and a couple of carts. Some fond memories, good times and some great games! Just yeah a lot of people have made the cracks a bit ugly when I'd gladly listen to the original loading music, watch the loading screen like paint drying on a wall and to then get a game that is not bugged all from tape. Worth the wait! happy
I even have a bread box C64 just so I can hear SID at it's best.

Tho I would not trade it for my C16 & Plus/4 collection!

I cheat on Plus/4 for loading stuff from disc,
DI (SHIFT) R

When the directory is in view I use the arrow keys, go up to the file I wish to load and at the file size DLOAD fits in perfectly. Use the right arrow and go over and delete PRG, then just press RETURN.
No long names to remember or get wrong. May look a little ugly but does the job and saves loads of typing.

But yeah going back to that Ultimate 1541. No two ways about it, it is cool. Small box of tricks that can hold backups of your collections & more. Very temping!

I believe the tape decks will fail long before the tapes do them self. Not even had amiga discs die on me. As long as you keep them dry, clean and safe I think they will out live us. Not sure about the tape desk mind, I've lost 2 on C64 & 1 on Plus4 in recent times...

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024